The error message was:
HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized
You do not have permission to view this directory or page because of the access control list (ACL) configuration or encryption settings for this resource on the Web server.
After little Googling I got the solution but most of the solutions are not described very well. So, thought to share it again.
***NOTE: This issue may come for other types of files like: JS, ColdFusion or ASP files.
What is the solution for this issue?
- Go to the directory where you have placed your web application files. EX: For my application it's: C:\Users\Upendra Roul\Documents\GitHub
- Right Click on that directory then go to properties -> Securtity(Tab). You will see a image like below.
- Click on "Edit" button of the above image, you will see a next window like below:
- Click on "Add" button as marked in the above picture then you will see a screen like below:
- Click on "Advanced" button as highlighted in the above picture, then you will see a screen like below:
- Here, in the above picture first you have to click on "Find Now" then you will see list of users in "Search result" section below as shown in the above picture. Next, select the highlighted user "IUSR" then click on "OK" button. Then you will see a screen like below:
- If you mark in the above screen, IUSR is selected in the user selection box then click on "OK" button. Then you will see a screen like below:
- The above screen is the final set up screen. Here, first select "IUSR" from "Group or user names" then allow all permission for that user by selecting the check boxes in the highlighted section. Then click on "Apply" then Click on "OK". After that for all other screens just Click on "OK".
After all these set up refresh your web page you will see all resources are loading perfectly.
Hope it will save your time!!!